Akao

How did you come up with your username?

52 posts in this topic

There comes a time when you're first creating a account here at PS and here comes the username box. Not knowing what to fill in, you begin to think for a username. Not just any username, but one that you'd be remember on the site by all.

So as I stated above, what does your username mean to you and/or how did you come up with it? Yes, name changes do count for this also, just state why you wanted to change it.

For me my username is pretty simple and dumb at the same time. It honestly was the first thing came to my mind when I was creating an account (almost) five years ago. The first words that came to me was guy and then that. Why those two words? I don't know maybe it was just something quick to type in just to sign up and access the forums. So i put the two together and I got "thatguy." I added the 3 because it's my number I use for sports. So I also added it to the end, because back then having numbers in your name was the coolest thing ever. Now almost five years later I still have the name, but yet I want it change because most people call me Akao instead and that's what I prefer. Still, I can't get rid of my roots that i came in when I first joined PS, so it does have a place in my heart.

Some people come up with weird ways for their usernames, so I want to here them.

My previous username: Celebifan.

I made my account when I was 10. So at the time, thinking that the username had to be 'Pokemon Related' I just entered Celebifan. Celebi being the recent Pokemon I seen on tv, and somehow being one of the only names I could remember, I put that. Simply adding 'fan' because I thought it would be alright. Why I simplified my name to 'Celebi' is because most people refer to me as Celebi or Celly now, so Celebifan was just a stretch. But will always remain part of my memory...

Well if it wasn't obvious to anyone, I am a huge Dragon Ball Z fan. But that's not the full history of the name. The name is based on my favorite character, and my soulmuse (RP character that you always have a muse for). 

I had originally been wanting to start universally roleplaying as Vegeta after seeing someone do so on Facebook. I had been using the site for a short while for sprites, and after getting banned on some other site (Whoops), I had no where else to go, so I made my way over here, perused the forums as a guest for a short while before deciding to sign up. Well, it lasted about a month, not even. Ehehehehehe. 

I just haven't changed it cause it means a lot to me because I've now been RPing as Vegeta for 2 years, and I've been given great compliments about how I portray him. Not that I think they are true, despite the persistence people give me about it. Guess I'm my worst critic. 

I was an 11 year old little girl who loved dragon pokemon and well... I have a pretty well developped imagination. I wanted to somewhat sound badass and I had a phase when my usernames on every site was ''dragovirus''. Failed pretty badly but yeah, laugh all you want ;). I really want to change my username to Juss, Jussik or just Jess but I just can't attain the required requirements for some reason.

I chose the username Umbreonwho solely because Umbreon was my favourite Pokemon and I'm a devout Whovian, so the choice was pretty simple for me. Sure enough it got shortened to Umbreon, as well as Um and (to a select few) Ummy/Ummeh. And to be quite honest, I still like the username, which is why I still like the fact that some of my good friends on here still call me Um and Ummy.

However, when the forums reopened and I had the chance to change my username, I decided to do so mainly because it was a chance for a sort of new start. I did make quite a few mistakes when i first joined up in 2013. I made mistakes and I got what I deserved for them, but hey, I was still pretty new to the whole forum scene, and I did learn very quickly. So when we had a chance to rename ourselves, my original idea was to change from Umbreonwho to UmbreonBeta, the second version, the better version. But I'm not that simple, so I thought of making the name ironic, and what Greek letter sounds and looks like Beta? That's right, Theta, but I wanted it to be cooler, so I decided on UmbreonZeta. In fact, the only reason i didn't have this as my name was because I didn't want the name of a Pokemon in my user-name, so I shortened it to Zeta.

So yeah, I chose Zeta out of irony......

Just pass me some shades and call me Dave

My username, Legend came from my previous, horrifyingly long username called "legendary_addict".

It all began on a Pokemon site called "Pokemon Deluge",which is like GPX+ but no eggs and other stuff, about 7 or 8 years ago. Anyway, enough of that. Before I joined that I thought, "huh I like legendary Pokemon. I know! I'll call myself legendary_addict!"

It has been my username ever since. But here on PS everyone calls me "Legend" or "LA" and it's just a pain in the neck to type every time so I decided to shorten it to Legend. It's also come to me that a lot of people have the word "legend" in their name. I feel unoriginal.

well mine its easy, i just tooked one of the bests words like dellicous and i cropped it and ended as delli

i wanna hear those claps, the idea is perfect B)

I was 10. I liked ninjas. My name is Sofus. *genius idea pops up* Why not Sofusninja? And so I created my username. The thought process.. Simply amazing.

Now I go under the name HeatingTesseract/The Heating Tesseract. Originally it was just Tesseract, because that was a character from skulduggery pleasant that I was in love with at the time. I soon discovered that a LOT of people are named Tesseract. So I thought: How do I make this easier to find, and bam, a Tesseract is usually presented as a machine so why not HeatingTesseract?

Well, I'm new but. I love Dialga and deadly is like a cool, dangerous and cunning word so I just used that with Dialga and poof, there it was. I like alliteration too so when I'm allowed I might change my username to what I should have made it ???Greninja. Still working out a word to use since I want alliteration.

There's this kinda dead phone game called Pocket Summoners, and you can be part of clans and stoof. So my name was Thunder the Eevee on there and then someone was making up nicknames and I was Little Jolteon~

So I was looking up the release for the new Pocket Summoners the day I signed up and thought about my old Pocket Summoner friends and this came to mind c:

Well, everyone has to have a username, and mine is superyellow6. Not very clever, I know. Might as well have been made by a six year old, right?

Well, it was.

When I was six, I had a Webkinz account that I had until I was about 11-12. My username was superyellow6. When I went to sign up for PokeStadium, well, I needed something that I could remember. So I entered superyellow6, which is basically what I use for most of my things when I need something to remember.

I've never had any other profile named this so I guess it's kinda special.  I really just wanted a new name than the other forums I use.  I liked the mystery of the word stranger.  I really would have loved it if I could have left the "x" off of my name but Stranger was already taken.  In the heat of the moment, I just added an x.  Anyways,  I was going to name this account MrRubix in a tribute to almost all my other profile names.  Thats how Strangerx came about.  ^_^

Actually I used to be known as Psycho Cat. On most forums that was my username. When I first came up with it back in 2013 it was on the Dragon Cave forums. I liked cats and I was kind of a dork back then, so that was what I put. It just kinda stuck after that and for the longest time it was what I was called. But as time went on more and more sites already had the name "Psycho Cat" taken. I think I came up with the name PCTheSkitty when I was making an account on Trove. I liked pink, I liked cats, and a lot of my older friends called me PC, so I came up with PCTheSkitty as in Psycho Cat the Skitty. I used to have spaces in it but after I was blocked from using spaces on certain sites because of the length of my name/not being allowed to use spaces, I've just mushed it all together regardless of whether spaces are allowed or not.

I have been addicted to Greek Mythology during the time I made this account. I randomly chose Aether, a god, and inputted it for my Username. It then started after that making all my account with Aether in it, and if it wasnt available, It would be Twelve Deaths, which came out of nowhere

So I started out here as Giraffe, which I chose because giraffes were my favourite animals at the time, and for some reason I didn't know giraffe was also spelled like that in English, so I thought my username was Dutch. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that it wasn't, because that would have been a stupid reason to name myself that.

Not too long ago, I changed my username to Gir because at one point on my journey through PS, I had obtained that nickname, as Giraffe is still rather long. I also changed it because I wouldn't know a single person that still calls me Giraffe instead of the shorter, fancier Gir. The name Giraffe also looks a tad silly to me now, so there's that.

Derived from the 10 year old mindset that everything had to sound cool, I picked Torrentblade, Empoleon being my favourite Pokemon at the time, I saw no problem with it. After a while I thought that it sounded slightly violent so I thought something laid back would be nicer when the name change became available. So I thought, my old Runescape username would fit perfectly, so here is the wonderful, singing, dancing, tea-drinking, Frogboyhops!

Still have no idea how I even came up with Frogboyhops in the first place :P

My username is MrWynaut, which may sound unoriginal but is actually the most ingenious idea I have ever had...

Okay... so my favorite is Wynaut so my username was going to be just Wynaut or something, but then I was like, "How can I express my masculinity through my username?" My solution was to add "Mr" to my name.

See! Wasn't that brilliant! 

Well, I sort've had 2 usernames. My first, SuperLooperBlooperWooper, was derived from a mini comic thing I made in 3rd grade of a wooper that would fly around on a blooper from mario, doing loops through the air. It was stupid, but I thought it would make for a funny username, wooper being one of my favourite pokemon at the time. My overly long username made things awkward around other members, and I soon wanted to change it. After a fiasco involving multiple accounts and my near banhammer experience, I got my username changed to Canadian Palkia, which was inspired by a banner that I had been working on at the time. By that time, everyone just called me Palk or CP, so when we got new admins and the option to change our names became a thing, I finally settled on CP_, the underscore only there to bypass the 3 character requirement. CP is generally what I use for everything nowadays. It's short, rolls off the tongue nicely and makes logging in really fast ^_^'

I´m a huge fan of Inazuma Eleven. Afuro Terumi a.k.a. Aphrodi is my favorite. In Tumblr, I made a persona of his adult version and even answered some questions with drawings, just for fun.

I first joined PS back when I was hardcore going through an anime weeabu phase. I was very much obsessed with FullMetal Alchemist and when I was signing up and trying to think of a username I just had to involve that particular anime somehow, as well as make a point of the fact that I was a weeb. Sure I still do like anime to this day, but I haven't actively watched very many in a while and I believe I started to outgrow the weeb phase...a little bit anyways lol.

On any other website/online community I am on I make my username Helixenizer, which doesn't really mean much of anything. At first I had what I thought was an outrageous and creative idea to name myself Triple-Helix on a site, but that name was taken and I later figured out that a triple helix actually exists, so that idea was off the table. I still wanted to involve the word 'Helix', so I just started experimenting with word combinations until I came up with 'Helixenizer' and I stuck with it.

Now I kinda sorta want to change my name on this site to that because I feel like that is more personalized to me, rather than 'FullMetal_AnimeAddict', but I don't know. I guess changing my username now after so long might not be a good idea since most people here already know me as 'FullMetal' and always have, so I don't think I really want to change it after all.

I really don't know why i started using my username. One reason is that I like having money and wolves are my favorite animal and then my username appear even though I don't know where the 12 came from. 

The 'Ratt' part of my name comes from a few different things. I used to have two pet rats. I also think rats are really cute. I also have a fondness for things that others find creepy. Coincidentally, I chose that part of the name before I found out about the band Ratt. 'Pitt' is less creative. I think I just chose it randomly and added a second t to fit in with 'Ratt.' Plus, I just don't like how RatPit looks.

o3o i was bured in the beach n i saw a cat near the sea so i said SeaCat, in memory to that black cat that will give me bad luck soon :P

My username just had to have Fox in it, I just love foxes in real life.

Couldn't decide which other part of my uername to use, in other forums, I'd have ither 'Heroic' or 'Fire' or 'Poke'. In another forum had a friend named HeroicPooch, that's where I got the idea to use heroic in my name, really loved how heroic fox sounded and decied to keep it.

Rocket Raccoon from Guardians of the Galaxy + a little imagination = RaccoonoftheGalaxy. So yeah, that's basically it. :) But the reason I picked to name - well, myself - after Rocket was because I had recently seen GOTG at the cinema and was completely obsessed. I struggled to come up with a username that was more creative than simply my favourite character's name.