Akao

How did you come up with your username?

70 posts in this topic

My name is a short version for the name I use for all mmo's and RPGs I play.

The full name is TheApocolypse77 I came up with it because I always try to play magical characters and an apocalypse always reminds me of fire and brimstone and magical dead men on horses. 7 is used as an important magical number in Most magic fantasy books I read including the bible

My old username (that I've had up until 15 minutes ago) was Commander Pink, which was inspired by Commander Holly from Game Grumps. It didn't seem very creative enough for me so I changed it to my current one.

"varlottethine" is sort of a variant of two Shakespearean words; varlot and thine. Varlot is an insult that essentially means punk, thine is the archaic form of yours and another form of thy used before a vowel. I love history (especially 1800's Victorian history) and especially loved old poetry such as Shakespeare, Brackenridge, and Von Eichendorff because of the way their grammar was. So I searched for old English adjectives and verbs on some website that helps generate usernames, and thus came Varlottethine. Another user here, zvw_x told me that my username reminds them of dark purple velvet (which I love the concept of) so I kept with it.

john4ren, little me, why did you choose this name?

Gregory John, and I don't care of anyone knowing it, is my first name, whilst ren is the first 3 letters of my last name. The four I had a little trouble remembering, but I now recall it being the amount of shinies I got for a friend once on Pkmn Pearl. Friend was in the house, I was making my username, he suggested 4, and I put it down. There you have it. I would like to get this username out and in with something else, but I must be active for a year, which I never have done haha.

When I was deciding upon my username, I wanted to go with something that sounded abstract but "cool". I thought that LiquidNightmare fitted in that category and so I chose it. I don't have many regrets, it's just that I'd prefer to go with the nickname I'm most known with on the internet: Nyan. Or something along the lines of that, because Nyan would be taken by now.

Heh heh, my username has probably one of the dumbest origin stories in existance.

My brother (Who's 33, he's not a little brother at all) called me 'Spamuhell' (As my real name is Samuel) as a derogatory name for me. (We're good friends, don't get me wrong, but the 'brotherly feud' has to come in somewhere)

Either way, I liked the name and it stuck. I used to use 'spamuhell' or 'Spamuhell' for everything, but now and again I use the longer and (In my opinion) much cooler name 'SpamsterTheHamster' or just 'TheHamster'

Please don't ask for the origin story of 'SpamsterTheHamster' The origin's even dumber than that of 'spamuhell'

Supremerpus likes this

Well this is straightforward. My favourite colour is purple, and I love dragons. My favourite number is six but 2+4=6 therefore I like 24, plus my brother was going through an "I love Kobe Bryant" Phase so whatever that helped maybe kind of. Besides the occasional "potatodragon24" that's my username for everything. I mean, I am also a potato, so...yeah. But compared to other people it seems so simple (-__-") but I like using it so whatever, I guess.

also must know origin of SpamsterTheHamster

i picked eeveechu as i use this on almost everything like my Facebook and every time i play Pokemon. the last part is because i am a rabid naruto fan and kakashi is my fave character so i used his last name because it came into my head.

My username is a mash up of Virizion and Vivid, with 'ren' shoved on the end (for some reason. I don't know why). Nothing to amazing or anything.

It's a terrible username, I know, and I've got much better usernames on other websites and forums such as Birijion and AstralNightmare. I'd love to change it but I haven't been active on here for a whole year due to the inactivity on this site, so I guess I'm stuck with it :/

When I just joined PS, the username box shows up, and I'm like "Oookay.." I had to have Dragonite in it. It is my favorite Pokémon. Dragonite was normal. But then "HOW ABOUT I ADD A 'Y' INSTEAD OF A 'I'?!" Then Dragonyte was born. I love art and doodling and then I put 'Draws' to it. And ta-da! DragonyteDraws was born.

tumblr_n9cqo8s1hN1qjd03go1_500.jpg

The way I came up with my name was sort of silly if we're going to be honest, here. I have this weird
obsession with maps and compasses, and always dream up some fantastical adventure to go on, and
I usually call myself and "adventurer", and other sites sort of got me into the habit of throwing 'isms' on
the end of everything so...

EXPLORERISMS was born!

It's my Minecraft username. I like cupcakes, I like Minecraft, so 9 year old me put those two things together and added 9 at the end, because why not tell everyone our age when we're a kid? Anyways, I'm never changing that, because creativity and emotional attachment. My usernames on most social media consist of the words Cupcake, Lil' and Fairy, because I had access to a computer at a young age, so I called myself all the girly things. Anyway, because I was stumped on a username and wanted to share the sprite I have in my profile picture, my username on Minecraft popped into my head, and that's what I typed in.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dan, maybe my name is Daniel or something, but it actually is not. My real name is David, but how the heck did you get Dan from David? My username in the ancient Pokestadium was Danjodesu1231, again, how did you get Danjodesu from David? My relatives call me Kodanjo at my place and Danjo at the time I was making an account was like a really cool name for me, so I used it a lot back then. I got the suffix -desu because I was translating my name in Google Translate and I got that. People at the time were lazy to type my long username so they (read: HydroPumper) decided to just call me Dan.

Some people might remember me from my old username, FrZnCoKe. So I got FrZnCoKe because I had a shop at the old forum and I really don't know how it went but Hydro said that he wanted a frozen coke with his request and the joke somehow, I really don't remember how, but it became my username until the old Pokestadium closed.

When I was younger I made my very first email and had a game call Supreme Commander. I loved that game it was awesome so I wanted to incorporate that somehow! I also had just heard of palindromes so I got the bright idea of making the word Supreme into a palindrome! Thus Supremerpus was born; however..., I did not take the time to enunciate it aloud.. its sounds.. funny.. But I liked it and have always been true to myself so it stuck and I use it alot now!

Zekias likes this

I just made my username based on when I discovered my favorite pokemon of all time, Bisharp, when the fifth generation was still new. I added "Blade" for good measure because well it has blades, and when put the word with the name it had a good ring. The power of alliteration.

This particular name comes from the time when (Name)The(Pokemon) was all the rage as a name format. Tired of my previous name, I changed it to MochaTheMincinno, which eventually got shortened to Mocha.

Mine's is quite simple actually, it has to do with my Pokesona's species 

Since my sona is a Luxray/Mighyena hybrid, Mightyena being my second favorite, Luxray the first, I just came up with Luxyena to simplify things.

My brother's old account was ReshiramLatios, so I decided to use the opposite for mine, I designed my mascot and built my account around a Zekrom/Latias fusion,  hence Zekias. 

I chose Latias Yipee because I love Latias (TBH I don't know why). If there was not someone already named Latias my name would have been Latias but that's kinda self-explanatory if you read my "About Me" and my other profile things because it's in the point of view of Latias.

I was a very uncreative child and just used my school username. I have since mobed on to mostly using the name Alright Attorney, an obvious play on my favorite game series Ace Attorney

My username comes from.... wait for it.... the king of the Piranha Plants, the spitter of Goop, sports master,  walking,  talking (sorta), Petey Piranha. I decided that I would make my account based on a character. I thought of a Mario character first,  because hey,  it's Mario. I guess I picked Petey because my YouTube account is King Boo,  because Double Dash. 

Before Umbreon officially became my favorite Pokemon, I had just made an Umbreon OC I was quite happy with.  As a result, I made an account on another Pokemon website, which is now dead, with the name of UmbreonRogue.  Ever since then, I used this username for my accounts as well as other usernames containing "Umbreon" in it.

Well,I decided on Scratchy3607 because of a scratch cat sprite on scratch.I decided to make my own version of him,and I named him Scratchy.I tried to sign up on scratch using that name,but it would'nt let me,so I used a bunch of numbers,and I got Scratchy3607. I use that name for everything else