Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little Jolteon

Things that creep you out

13 posts in this topic

There's a lot of strange things that freak people out for weird reasons. What about you?

Personally, I'm kinda freaked out by clipart penguins. I'm not really sure why, but I think it's this:
So once when I was little, I would play this art application for the computer called Tux Paint. I had a dream once where I was sitting in a dark room facing the door, which was locked so that we couldn't get out, with a babysitter and there was a huge, very evil looking Tux Paint penguin on it that looked like it was staring at me. I don't know how I still remember this, but I do.

http://i.imgur.com/Jtr1YxS.png

http://i.imgur.com/yKrqeOq.png

The first thing that comes to mind would be spiders. I don't know why, but I'm dead afraid of them. Luckily, my foot is always very willing to place itself on top of the arthropods.

Then there's all the things like computer virusses, which really, really freak me out, probably because I never really know how to deal with that stuff.

When I was younger so much younger than today I had this ceiling light that freaked me out. I still don't know why, but it got to the point where I was too scared to close my eyes unless I did it underneath the blankets. I had nightmares about that rusty thing. Luckily, my parents replaced it at one point (not knowing about that fear) and all has been well ever since.

One thing that creeped me out when I was little was computers. Oh the irony. I heard alot of negative things about them from adults, such as your brain will melt, you will go blind, etc. It grew up to the point I was excused from joining the class when we worked on computers. It slowly faded, and as I am typing this on a computer, I have to say I was pretty stupid.

My bed makes a creaking sound when you roll over on it a certain way and it took me months to figure this out, so I would be lying there and a there would be this creaking noise that sounds like someones coming up my the stairs to my room. I live in a converted loft and the stair case creaks on every other step for some reason. Its normally at like midnight so I knew it wasn't my parents and I would freak out thinking I was about to get burgled causing me to roll over again making the creaking sounds continue. I finally figured out what it was thought so I'm good now, except for the times when I forget, then I freak out again. 

Boys who use girl icons.

Edit:

It's just creepy and wrong. It makes people quite uncomfortable, and makes it way more difficult to determine who is a boy and who is a girl. It's quite irritating as well, considering how you can't even look at somebody anymore and assume they're a girl because of their icon.

And then there are the ones who objectify the girls in their icons, which makes it even more creepy, with sexualised icons to boot. Not naming names, but having a spoiler box called your 'waifu collection' is just a bit creepy. Oh, wait, no it's not, it's extremely creepy. Oh, and that creepiness is also amplified by the fact that the pictures are very sexualised. Go figure.

Anyway, I hope this post is an improvement, sorry about my original post! Won't happen again (:

Edited by Amy

Puppets. And animatronics. Anything that looks kinda like it's alive despite the fact that it isn't, really I was scared of puppets ever since I saw a Punch and Judy show for the first time. The wooden puppets just... ugh... *shivers*.

As for animatronics, I'm pretty sure I am freaked out by them because I once visited a castle where there was a fake, glowing man with a mouth and hands that moved themselves. I was only young at the time, and when he started talking to me I ran away and wasn't too keen to return. I had nightmares that night.

And stuffed animals. No, not the cute little fluffy ones, the ones that actually used to be alive. That's just creepy...

Whenever I go to sleep, I fear that my Wii U will turn on, wake me up while I'm trying to sleep and make me go mental. Of course, that probably won't happen, but meh. I don't know why, but whenever a warning appears or something on my computer (EG: Warning, you said the word 'dog', you're banned), I don't know why, but sometimes, I get this uncomfortable, scared feeling inside of me. Of course, it's stupid, which I agree on, but I'm not sure why, which means that whenever I follow rules, I try hard not to break them (Unless it's class rules, which I don't have a 'phobia' (Well, not as bad as a phobia as in a psychological condition, but you probably get what I mean)of getting some warning unless it's really bad). That doesn't mean I can't get warnings when I've done something wrong, it just means I'll just freak out for a sec. I don't know why. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: The fear isn't so bad as a phobia, I just edited that bit to convey a better understanding and to not overreact.

tumblr_m3gxpvJXHS1r2mho4o1_500.gif

I'm kinda afraid of Giratina, even though it's my favorite Pokemon. It's mainly because of this one cutscene that I witnessed in Platinum. Here's the story... I was browsing iFunny late at night, on the Pokemon hashtag mindlessly scrolling. I find a Giratina gif, and I wait for it to load. I'm watching the beginning and realizing that this looks vaguely familiar (I've watched the cutscene before) but I kept watching as Giratina emerges from a portal, straightens up to full formidable height, spreads wings while splattering weird black stuff on ground, spikes emerge from wings, wings change shape and the spikes shift to the edge, spikes appear to get larger and has a devilish colored gradient, opens its blood red mouth, crouches, and JUMPS RIGHT AT THE SCREEN WITH GLOWING EYES AND MOUTH. I was scared ****less and laid on my bed staring at the ceiling for about half an hour. If you want to see it, here's the full cutscene. I did you a favor and started at where Giratina emerges. Good luck sleeping tonight... https://youtu.be/b1TNUPLXLqA?t=134

I don't know why, but I don't get creeped out by anything for some reason xD

But when I was very little, I used to be creeped out by everything. Well, almost. 

Like bloody noses. Or stuff like that.

But after I watched Jurassic Park, I gradually became more "brave" lel

I've always been creeped out by arachnids, mirrors, and dolls. I've no real reason for to feel anxious for any of them,
but I can be rendered immobile if I stare at one of them for too long. That or I scream and run away. It's pretty bad.
Though my Arachnophobia is the worse of the three. I'll be paranoid for the rest of the week if I see one spider. ; n ;
tumblr_noe89qE1F21tf8d7eo1_500.gif

I get creeped out by many things. This is basically a a post of my greatest fears.

The first has to do with shadowy entities. I had a nightmare about one called "Hat Man" when I was very young.

Spoiler

hatman.jpg

The second creepy thing are dolls or anything humanoid shaped and the third regards things with pure black eyes.

Spoiler

scary-doll.jpg935867-eced6be6-4ff3-11e3-9447-447e09e04

The fourth is anything having to do with satanic references with demons/possession in the media... Call me morbid -_-

Something that creeps me out is........WINDOW XP ERROR SCREENS AND COMPUTER BLUE SCREEN DEATHS. I hate the sound that plays when Windows XP has an error and blue screen deaths are plain terrifying.