Legend

A New Admin, can it be A New Hope for PS?

12 posts in this topic

Hello there people. This is going to be a fairly short announcement talking about some ideas I might have to try to keep our PS alive. Just recently @ekevinn promoted me to admin and told the other staff members about it via Skype. I literally just woke up when I saw that message lol.

Anyway, enough of that. Here are some things I did after a quick 5 minute look at new things I can do:

- Members with 50 posts (sorry I hate calling it content count) can now update their Member titles! I thought this might promote a bit of activity and tbh, I feel like it's necessary.

- I got rid of that annoying extra spacing for when you press enter on the phone. Sorry I just find it pointless and it makes my Mobile posts really messy when I try to edit it.

And here are quick ideas I have:

- If I can add in new things to the forums like badges, I'll try to do that on my computer.

- Should we be a bit more lenient on the Pokecreator, description and ability wise? I see most creations are being rejected because of the description length and abilities being a bit too overpowered.

If you guys have any ideas or suggestions on what I should do, please tell be below! Thank you and have a wonderful day!! ;3

EDIT: OMG GUYS GUESS WHAT! I was able to make use of the reputation thing to give people badges! Wooooo

Double EDIT: So this new chat thing I put kinda works well. Idk, I'm on mobile and I can't really test it properly because I'm on break atm haha

Congratulations! Johan must think very highly of you to have elevated you to that position. I myself have been trying to become a Pokecreation moderator, but with no success... I would love for the ability to view all my Pokecreations on my Profile again. Can you do that? That would FABULOUSLY BEAUTYLICIOUS!

Congratulations and thank you for adding some of these new features. ^^

I was wondering if it would be possible to add comments back on Pokecreations. I know this was a bit of a problem because people were being rude, but maybe you can make it so the comment has to be approved by a PC mod? 

There's also a problem my Pokemon party. It doesn't show the correct ones. Can this be fixed?

On 5/12/2016 at 9:55 PM, winterfate said:

Congratulations! Johan must think very highly of you to have elevated you to that position. I myself have been trying to become a Pokecreation moderator, but with no success... I would love for the ability to view all my Pokecreations on my Profile again. Can you do that? That would FABULOUSLY BEAUTYLICIOUS!

This. Also, it would be good to be able to be able to actually get the links to the Pokecreations from there.

On 5/12/2016 at 10:10 AM, Apple Jeice said:

I was wondering if it would be possible to add comments back on Pokecreations. I know this was a bit of a problem because people were being rude, but maybe you can make it so the comment has to be approved by a PC mod?

That would also be nice. That, or allow comments to be reported and require you make an account to post comments.

For something original, maybe after the first one allow people to group Pokecreations together, such as for evolutionary families or similar concepts (Pikablu much?)

Okay, sorry for the horribly late reply to these questions, but anything concerning fixing the catch and adding to the Pokecreations can only be done by Johan. But I'll try my best to "hack" the thing. Probably fail badly but who knows for sure?

So currently this new badge per reputation works when your reputation grows, but exactly how many likes or reputation do we have to get to change to the next badge?

Maybe, a suggestion might be doing more contests for those who are spriters, maybe as a prize it can just be the original fusion drawn by some artists and maybe some other prizes. I'm not sure about but maybe if this ever happens some spriters might join us and the forums might go back alive as it did in the old days. (It might be a problem hosting it as i reckon that a lot of people have exams and homework, but for some holidays started or are coming, maybe you can start advicing about a contest 3 days before opening so we all can see and get to know better the stuff)

Hope it helps and that ^^

@SeaCat Well contests have been tried, but I don't know if you know - there actually IS an ongoing spriting contest, lol, but I guess maybe people aren't aware of that

7 minutes ago, purpledragon24 said:

@SeaCat Well contests have been tried, but I don't know if you know - there actually IS an ongoing spriting contest, lol, but I guess maybe people aren't aware of that

Yeah, i noticed and even entered, but most of the time contests never ends or gets disorganized. I noticed that actually there was one, but it's been a while since i saw one. (I remember entering to one that never got to close)

Also there can also be some art contest as beside me, me and real life friends had seen great artwork. And also writings. So yeah i guess that's maybe a suggestion.

Yeah, I think that's a good idea, which would work better if there were more participants x_x now I might just enter for the sake of helping the contest move along quicker, but people just need to be more motivated I guess? If there was an art contest taht would be cool too X3

@Legend

congrats on becoming an admin dude, plus the badges or the coolest of beans. I think things might be looking up, maybe, I dunno

I ended up in a conclusion with the badges ( @Legend let me know the truth c:):

1-9 :none 

10-19:  Zxss6xw.png.aae70b95af8c062a704412f55945

20-49:  aJQ4GBa.png.ede321a1ce8b9732a0ee1e69b60f

50-99:  cUNVc7Y.png.655dcc9e20dc2bb209ac899d0bc5

100+:   wzVGlL2.png.94a95c4ffd9bf3257f5094d9d97e

That's what i guess with the badges, hope i'm right :3