Latias Yipee

Favorite Pokemon Cry?

18 posts in this topic

What's your favorite main series cry? Why? Is it  original? (gen 1-5) or updated? (gen 6-7)

My favorite cry is....well...the Pokemon name is embarrassing....I call the Pokemon "Evil" instead of using the name :/ 

Hmm some Pokemon don't have a good explanation for their cries so there are a few exceptions. 

>Ask people for their favorite Pokemon cry

>Won't even tell her own favorite Pokemon cry

Anyway: Staraptor 

Yessir, telling people why you picked a Pokemon as your answer (or even what your answer is) is kind of important so please do edit your post to be a little more specific @Latias Yipee

I agree that Staraptor does have a great cry. In fact, I think a lot of the Pokemon introduced in Sinnoh have some really great cries. Kricketune and Gastrodon are probably the two best ones, but everybody knows about those. So instead, I'll share one of my personal favorites, the cry of Lickilicky. This cry is jarring, awkward, and confusing- very much like Lickilicky itself. I have no idea what those noises are supposed to be- probably something involving its tongue? I try not to think about it too hard, but a great cry regardless o3o

My favorite cry is the entire Eelektross line, because i feel like that's just about the sound that lampreys of that size would make if removed from water.

Also the subtle static in the background is nice.

My 2 favorite cries of ALL TIME are Finneon and Lumineon. Finneon's cry is the cutest ever, and Lumineon's is beautiful.

How about ye just tell us now? 

And my favourite is Skarmory. In fact hearing that beautiful screech helped put Skarmory on my top 10 list. Right now I'm not even sure what my top 10 list is anymore but Skarmory's there somewhere 

On 12/26/2016 at 0:14 AM, Latias Yipee said:

My favorite cry is....well...the Pokemon name is embarrassing....I call the Pokemon "Evil" instead of using the name :/ 

its yveltal i like lunala cry

On 1/1/2017 at 1:05 PM, rioulu890 said:

its yveltal i like lunala cry

Not Yveltal, it's called "Evil" because it is evil in one of my roleplays but I hope nobody will ever guess.

37 minutes ago, Latias Yipee said:

Not Yveltal, it's called "Evil" because it is evil in one of my roleplays but I hope nobody will ever guess.

Considering your weird obsession with avoiding it and your completely random comment on the DrifblimXAzurril fusion, I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say it's Drifblim. That is still a pretty silly reason to make a whole thread about Pokemon cries and then just go and not give yours, though, I will say.

Anyways, while there are a lot of cries out there, I think I can pretty safely say mine is a tie between Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina's. For one, they are very well designed—I feel these "alien" cries, so drastically different from what you normally hear (at least from what was the norm back in Generation 4 when they were introduced) perfectly convey the idea of the terrifying eldritch manifestations of spacetime itself, and listening to the legendaries in question belt out these... roars? Screams? Whatever you would describe their cries as, they sound oddly exactly what I would expect them to sound like. There's also a lot of nostalgic value to them, to me at least, and I'm sure to a lot of other people who spent their childhood during gen 4. My first games were Fire Red and Emerald, but I mostly grew up with Platinum, and these three cries have always stuck in my mind even years after (it's been ages since I heard any of these cries, actually, but they are still crystal clear in my mind). Giratina's, especially, hearing it every time I booted up Platinum, is unforgettable, completely ingrained in my mind by now.

TL;DR they sound dope as hecc and have a lot of sentimental value as well.

\

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! *shoves head in pillow*

Also I can't believe I am finally saying this but my favorite cry is the updated one for milbfirD

Old cries are evil sometimes (not all the time) like listen to poor Ryhorn and Charizard's cry!

On 12/25/2016 at 5:22 PM, Plato said:

?>Ask people for their favorite Pokemon cry

>Won't even tell her own favorite Pokemon cry

Anyway: Staraptor 

I said my favorite cry are you happy now?

Palkia's anime cry boi it's totally like BEEP BOOP BOP ill stop now

No copy don't worry PC

And why won't you do a fusion of Drifblim and Blazekin? It's so sad I wanted Evil Lord of Death Blazing Blimpy :(

1 hour ago, AnonymousDoom said:

Palkia's anime cry boi it's totally like BEEP BOOP BOP ill stop now

No copy don't worry PC

And why won't you do a fusion of Drifblim and Blazekin? It's so sad I wanted Evil Lord of Death Blazing Blimpy :(

Evil Lord of Doom xD