15 posts in this topic

Over the past months, the Gallery section has begun to buzz with activity, perhaps even more so than the main forums. As a result of this, and with myself having been the sole forum moderator, I had to do basically all the deleting/nagging regarding the section. I hated doing that, and it didn't really feel like it should be such a big part of the deal as a forum mod. But fortunately, something new has come out of this frustration-

Gallery Moderators!

The role of Gallery moderators, of course, will be to manage gallery images and offer guidance to members on how to create art in accordance with the rules and regulations of said gallery. They'll also be the ones shaping these rules as time goes on, too. In addition, they can accept topics in and manage the Artwork/Contests/Shop forums, much like an RP Moderator does the Role-playing section. From now on, these users will be the go-to people when it comes to user's questions regarding the Gallery and Artwork Forums. 

...And of course, with that, we welcome our first Gallery Moderator, @Petey Piranha! With his frequent contributions to the Gallery and Artwork sections over the past months, I think most would agree he's an ideal choice for the role.

Obviously, we'll want more than one Gallery Mod, and more will be promoted in the near future. If you think you'd like to be one, there's two steps: 

1) Don't make a spammy post asking to become one ;)

2) Fill out the following form and PM it to me!

Spoiler

(Optional fields italicized)

Why you want to become a Gallery Moderator:

Time zone:

Hours you tend to frequent the forums:

Moderating experience held from other forums/sites:

Other thoughts:

Ideas on the current rules and state of the Gallery/Artwork section:

If currently holding another position (PC/RP Mod) would you prefer this or your current position to be your primary role:

Look forward to getting a couple more deserving members into this position, and to hopefully see its positive effects for lowering the amount things I have to do bettering the site overall!

If you have any thoughts, questions or suggestions on this idea (navy blue isn't the best color for a role username I realize but it's the one I could think of) that don't relate to prospects for future promotions, feel free post them here.

Poison and Tega like this

First off, congrats to @Petey Piranhafor being our first gallery mod! I think the addition of the gallery mods will truly benefit the site. Just one quick question Hydra, is there a specific amount of posts/reps that we have to obtain before applying to be a mod? Do you also take warning points into consideration?

To clarify, there's practically no restrictions on who can and can't apply, so even if you don't think you're that qualified it still couldn't hurt to give it a shot. Previous warning points will certainly be factored in the decision (if remnants of the behavior they were given out for seem to still remain, that is,) but it'll primarily be based on previous artwork-related contributions all around the site (Gallery, forums, Pokecreator) and of course how well the application itself is filled out.

Taiiyo likes this

@AnonymousDoom Er, the forms won't be replied to as there's not really a need. I'll just be reviewing the information I've currently gotten from them (and give time for some more to come in) and then the decision will be announced.

Indeed it should have, Tega. we're allowed to be bad at things

As for the applications, in a stunning turn of events I've decided to set the deadline for midnight tonight (EST) with the decision probably being rendered and announced shortly thereafter. I've received quite a sizable amount of applications at this point, so there's plenty of viable candidates to choose from and I don't need it getting that much more drawn out.

If you've still not applied and are interested, you should do so ASAP or risk missing your chance!

1 minute ago, The-Hydra said:

we're allowed to be bad at things

i am bad at a lot dont be sad

34 minutes ago, TwilitYum said:

Yeah well you werent replying to pms so

Oh yeah I forgot I told you about that

3 hours ago, Kaps said:

wats a time zone though

As in 12:00 am here isn't 12 am in Japan

The time has come- many applications were received, but now the most qualified applicants have been determined. The following, due to their previous contributions around the site, visions for the future of the Gallery/Artwork sections and other positive traits will all be given the role of Gallery Moderator:

@Nisawesome @Yashu @Hydralicious @Kekleon

I'll be looking forward to the improvements you guys will now be able to bring to the site! And of course, please do give these fine folks a congratulations if you should get a chance. Additionally, Gallery Moderators now have their own section of the HQ part of the forums and have been properly added to the staff directory.

As for others who applied, apologies you couldn't quite obtain the role if you had yourself set on it, but the competition was tough. Who knows though, as people leave and demand/activity changes, there could still be a chance for you in the future.

well as previously established it's late here so I think I'll be winding down but thanks to everyone who expressed interest in this whole thing^_^

Primal, Sciz, Taiiyo and 3 others like this