Pepsi Man

Overwatch Fanclub

20 posts in this topic

Image result for overwatch name logo

"Soldiers. Scientists. Adventurers. Oddities. 
In a time of global crisis, an international task force of heroes banded together to restore peace to a war-torn world: OVERWATCH.
Overwatch ended the crisis, and helped maintain peace in the decades that followed, inspiring an era of exploration, innovation, and discovery. But, after many years, Overwatch’s influence waned, and it was eventually disbanded.

Now, conflict is rising across the world again, and the call has gone out to heroes old and new. Are you with us?"

Image result for overwatch logoRulesImage result for overwatch logo

Spoiler

1. All PS rules apply (of course)

2. Try and make sure whatever you say, post, etc. is related to Overwatch. After all, the fanclub is dedicated to it. 

3. This seems to fly over a lot of people's heads, but one-liners are strictly forbidden here. This is a place of discussion, and posts with little to no discussion of Overwatch will most likely be deleted (unless of course it's an art/potg submission)

4. You must own a copy of Overwatch before joining the club.

5. To prove you read these rules, please include "Heroes never die!" into your form. 

Image result for overwatch logoMembership FormImage result for overwatch logo

Spoiler

Username/nickname:

Platform you play on (Xbox One, PS4, PC):

Name on said platform (optional): 

Hero listed as:

Other:

**Not included in form, but quick note: one hero can only be chosen by one person, aka only one person can be Junkrat, and so on and so forth.**

Image result for overwatch logoRankingsImage result for overwatch logo

Spoiler

bronze rank.png0-5 posts: Bronze Rankbronze rank.png

silver rank.png6-10 posts: Silver Ranksilver rank.png

gold rank.png11-15 posts: Gold Rankgold rank.png

platinum rank.png16-29 posts: Platinum Rankplatinum rank.png

diamond rank.png30+ posts: Diamond Rankdiamond rank.png

Image result for overwatch logoMembersImage result for overwatch logo

Spoiler

Pepsi Man

(Club Owner)

Mercy portrait.png

bronze rank.png

Platform: Xbox One

Cookabeara

Tracer portrait.png

bronze rank.png

Platform: PS4

Genji

106px-Genji_portrait.png?version=85d4414

bronze rank.png

Platform: PS4

Spamuhell

Sombra portrait.png

bronze rank.png

Platform: PC

Poison

Zenyatta portrait.png

bronze rank.png

Platform: PS4

Kekleon

Winston portrait.png

bronze rank.png

Sonic20

Junkrat portrait.png

bronze rank.png

Image result for overwatch logoOverwatch Art MuseumImage result for overwatch logo

Spoiler

**Please keep in mind there is a limit to which one person can only upload 2 Overwatch artworks per day. (also ALSO this should go without saying but only Overwatch-related artwork will be placed in here)**

Large images ahead! Be wary. 

Spoiler

pR7uwBa.jpg

From @Cookabeara

Image result for overwatch logoPOTG Hall of FameImage result for overwatch logo
Spoiler

Only the best of POTGs may be inducted into the Hall of Fame. You may post POTGs in the topic, but I will decide if they are worthy or not to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. 

Image result for overwatch logoDiscussion TopicsImage result for overwatch logo

Spoiler

Each week, there are 4 discussion topics. You can talk about other Overwatch-related things, but this is just to help you find something to talk about.

1. What is your favorite event?

2. What is your favorite skin from the game?

3. What is your favorite map?

4. What are your opinions on the new event, Uprising?

p.s.: credit to @Cookabeara, @Kekleon and @Genjifor helping with the fanclub

Username/nickname: Cookabeara

Platform you play on (Xbox One, PS4, PC): PS4

Name on said platform (optional): RaikouRinny

Hero listed as: my gal Tracer

Other: A wise doctor once told me that "heroes never die." She was drinking at the time, but that isn't important.

5 minutes ago, Cookabeara said:

Username/nickname: Cookabeara

Name on said platform (optional): RaikouRinny

Hero listed as: my gal Tracer

Other: A wise doctor once told me that "heroes never die." She was drinking at the time, but that isn't important.

Welcome to the club! Fun times are abound now that the club is kicking off.

Username: Genji

Platform you play on: PS4

Name on said platform: GeNaG3N0S

Hero listed as: Genji (Ahh, I'm not a Genji main I swear!)

Other: My servants never die! Uh, I mean... Heroes never die!

1 minute ago, Genji said:

Username: Genji

Platform you play on: PS4

Name on said platform: GeNaG3N0S

Hero listed as: Genji (Ahh, I'm not a Genji main I swear!)

Other: My servants never die! Uh, I mean... Heroes never die!

Welcome to the club! You're accepted.

2 minutes ago, Pepsi Man said:

Welcome to the club! Fun times are abound now that the club is kicking off.

Only because I'm here, sugar.

What is your favorite map?

This question is a tough one. I'm stuck between Hanamura and Eichenwalde. I find both of them very attractive, which is the main reason I call them my favorites. There are some nice little features to Eichenwalde, more specifically, the ledge by the bridge that I have used on many occasions to escape my death. Hanamura? Favorite Torbjorn map.  :)

What are your opinions on the new event, Uprising?

A lovely, action-packed game mode and gorgeous new skins. What's not to love? Oh, right...reckless Reinhardt players. It seems that every time I test my luck with the PvE, there's always one teammate that won't cooperate. Howerver, the game mode is fun enough and I don't mind a few more attempts. The interactions between the characters certainly make it worth all the inescapable doom. I really want more loot boxes.

Genji and Pepsi Man like this

3 minutes ago, AethericDoom said:

Username/nickname: AethericDoom

Platform you play on (Xbox One, PS4, PC): PC, but I don't have it yet lel

Name on said platform (optional): None yet

Hero listed as: None yet

Other: Heroes never die, but I'm going to die, since I'm still saving up money for Overwatch. I do know some stuff about it though so don't count me out of the club.

I know this wasn't in the rules (probably gonna add it) but you should at least own a copy of Overwatch before joining, since discussion is based around gameplay. Feel free to come back whenever you buy the game, though!

Username/nickname: Spamuhell (Or Spambra on the discord atm)

Platform you play on (Xbox One, PS4, PC): PC

Name on said platform (optional): Spamuhell (And I can't remember the following numbers sue me)

Hero listed as: Sombra <3

Other: Heroes Never Die! For a price...

Genji likes this

Username/nickname: Poison

Name on said platform (optional): PK_Lovex

Hero listed as: Zenyatta~

Other: Heroes never die!

Genji likes this

1 hour ago, Poison said:

Username/nickname: Poison

Name on said platform (optional): PK_Lovex

Hero listed as: Zenyatta~

Other: Heroes never die!

3 hours ago, Spamuhell said:

Username/nickname: Spamuhell (Or Spambra on the discord atm)

Name on said platform (optional): Spamuhell (And I can't remember the following numbers sue me)

Hero listed as: Sombra <3

Other: Heroes Never Die! For a price...

You're both accepted! I can't edit you two in right now, but luckily we had another mod join who was more than happy to edit you guys *cough @Genji cough*

Username/nickname: Kekleon

Hero listed as: Winston

Other: herpes never die

Since I'm sat around with not much to do, I may as well do the discussions.

Given that I haven't yet played Uprising (i cri) I would have to say that it's a close tie between Junkenstein's Revenge/Halloween Terror and Winter Wonderland. Both of them were really fun and gave a lot of great skins. I was a bit sad that HT only had 4 Legendary Skins and WW only had like 5 but they are all really good and well polished with one exception *Cough*Mei-rry*Cough* however, both had unique themed brawls that added a unique twist to the typical OW gameplay.

I would say it's pretty close between Wukong Winston, Stonehardt Rein and (from what I've seen through both screenshots and the comic) Combat Medic Mercy. However, I like most, if not all of the skins, especially legendaries, so picking just one is always hard.

Easily King's Row. Given that I'm from a British Family and embrace my British Heritage, I always felt a kinship with King's Row. And besides, who doesn't like a little bit of Robot Racism.

Otherwise, I like the map's design. It truly captures the nature of London's streets without being exaggerated (At least how I remember London).  It also offers a nice challenge. The first choke is hard if the defense is smart, but a well organised team push will break through, especially with Respawn Advantage. However, the later stages make it harder and harder for the attackers, something I feel most payload missions/maps don't do. So that's why I like King's Row. Take that as you will.

Cookabeara likes this

2 hours ago, Kekleon said:

Welcome to the club!

I'll do some discussions too~

I think my favourite event is a tie between the Halloween and the Chinese new year events since they were both super awesome and had some really cool skins. I love Mei and her Chinese skins are just so pretty I'm really sad I didn't manage to get one, I'm even more sad that I didn't manage to get Zenyatta's amazing skin too. As for Halloween I've always loved Halloween so the costumes and cute sprays were really up my street, everything Reaper got was awesome, his pumpkin horseman skin was cute af; not to mention everybody's favourite Mercy skin.

I may be just a little biased.. But I just can't help but love Zenyatta's Djinnyatta skin; it's the skin I have on my cybernetic cinnamon-roll and I haven't really had the heart to change it. I love the bracelets and rings he wears as well as the added beard combo, his eyes looking a little meaner makes him look cool too. I like the colour palette they chose for his body, his orbs and his clothes, to me it just fits his aesthetic really well <3

As I said just now I also really love Mei's red Chinese new year skin, it's so pretty and I like nothing more than to see the cutie pie get some spotlight all of her own. Super sad I didn't get it but I didn't have any money for a PSN sub let alone a few lootboxes.

Lol okay I'm sorry I'm so in love with Zenyatta okay? But I love Nepal and it's not just because it's his home map with giant statues of him (or other omnic monks) everywhere. I love it for how pretty it is with all the vibrant yellows, reds and oranges contrasting that clear blue sky in the background as well as the chalk stone of all the buildings and the snow which is on top of them. The insides of the buildings are really cool too with some unique furnature I always like to look at.. I know it's supposed to be about gameplay but I'm a sucker for a muted bronze palette that's used to really make the place seem very spiritual.

I also like Hanamura, Dorado and Kings row for their own reasons. I'll get into those another time before I bore people with my pretentious talk about colours.

4. What are your opinions on the new event, Uprising?

I haven't played the new game mode yet (shame on me) but I love the skins it brought in. Genji and McCree looking as edgy as possible, Mercy and Widowmaker looking awesome and hawt and of course Reinhardt's new spray which is the poster where he always said his hair looked amazing. It did indeed look amazing. Of course not forgetting a new highlight intro for Zenyatta which I find super awesome, especially when the whole event is about the omnic crisis. The idea of perspective is something kind of deep, perfect for him~

In short; I really like the new event, not as much as the ones I spoke about in my favourites but it's pretty solid from a reward standpoint. Still need to play the new game mode heh..

Cookabeara likes this

Username/nickname: Sonic20

Name on said platform (optional): Nylocke

Hero listed as: Junkrat

Other: quintuple kill into heroes never die is a true combo

10 hours ago, Kekleon said:

2 hours ago, Sonic20 said:

Username/nickname: Sonic20

Name on said platform (optional): Nylocke

Hero listed as: Junkrat

Other: quintuple kill into heroes never die is a true combo

You're both accepted! And as for the drawing, out of the kindness of my heart, I'll put it in the art museum. 

np reubby :)

anyways i'm technically a member here so i should probably post something

My favorite event is Uprising, by far. The new mode that was added is super fun, and everything about it is just amazing. The voice line interactions, the hero selection, the cinematic, (even though one person never skips it because they just haven't seen it at this point) the map, just, ugh. So much good stuff. But by far, the skins were the best thing to come from the it. Mercy looks like a nazi so that's all good, McCree looks edgy and Genji and Widow look like amazing and Torbjorn's skins suck like they always do

As a highly avid fan of Mercy, it's either her Witch Skin or her new Cadet Skin (or whatever it's called.) I don't use either because I never got Witch Mercy in a loot box, and I've yet to get Cadet Mercy because I'm purchasing a PS4 very soon because I like it better than my current Xbox One. I love Mercy's design for her Cadet skin; The way her hair is down now with that cool hat on, (I'm sure there's a name for it I just don't know it pls don't hurt me) how she has those syringes sticking out of her wrists, her staff's design, the whole thing is just the real deal, really. 

It was a rather tough decision, but I narrowed it down to Eichenwalde and Ilios. I really like Eichenwalde's layout, and I find it easier than others to get sweet POTGS. Then there's Ilios. As a Pharah main, I can safely say that launching people off of edges with Concussion Blasts is super satisfying, and if any map has an absurd amount of perilous ledges, it's Ilios. There's a walkway on Ilios: Lighthouse where people walk out to get to the objective, and that spot is a goldmine if you see people walking out to the point. Ilios: Ruins, not so much as Lighthouse and Well, but there's still pretty good spots. And as you probably all know, Ilios: Well is infamous for having a giant, black pit in the center of the objective where people fall into a lot. 

Cookabeara likes this

9 minutes ago, Pepsi Man said:

And as you probably all know, Ilios: Well is infamous for having a giant, black pit in the center of the objective where people fall into a lot. 

And it's a good place for Lucio kills. :)

Yesterday, I was having a disgusting amount of lag. I still, however, stubbornly charged in as Reinhardt. The invisible Lucio pushed me into that pit of certain death way too many times. It was awful.

1 hour ago, Pepsi Man said:

And as for the drawing, out of the kindness of my heart, I'll put it in the art museum. 

Thanks babe. :D