57 posts in this topic

(I KNEW IT AS SOON AS READ IGOR!!!) 

The knight looked confused by this sudden situation "What is... Paperwork. The only paper I know is the paper of papyrus, quite a fine piece for scroll writing." he chuckled to himself desire still getting an ominous feeling from the strange magic man teleporting to and from. He looked over at Earline and stood by her. "If my maiden fears you I will protect her from you..." but considering Earlobe was told so many things about her... Maybe he can get some information about himself or at the very least a name. Tarn lowered his shield "Now what about me warlock? What knowledge do you have of my life?"

Igor closed Earline's file and looked over the others he had placed on his desk, "Hmm.. Let me see.." he hummed for a moment, the grin on his face ever present as he lifted a slightly thicker file, "Ah-" he exclaimed before opening it. Carefully he took out the first page and held it just in front of him, reading silently before beginning to read aloud. "Sir Tarn of the Wall. Died during an undisclosed time period, presumed to be during the Middle Ages. Killed by an assassin. Married, one child - deceased, no relatives." Igor chuckled as he spoke, lowering the document he held in order to look at the Knight who had requested information, "Is that the life you wished for, Sir Tarn? It seems that perhaps you cannot protect the ones you love let alone this young lady behind you."

Earline gasped and gently placed her hand on Tarn's arm, "D-Don't listen to him, Darlin'.." she stammered, of course she didn't know the full story but it sounded as though Igor was provoking the poor Knight, that sinister grin on his face as he awaited a reaction.

Tarn yelled "You vile demon! It can't be true! It can't be." he took his shield ready to bash this vile monster to death with it. "You are nothing more than a creature of the dark who feeds on other's misery!" memories flooded through his mind and he fell to his knees "My son... Gone. I could do nothing... He was ripped apart right in front of me." he smashed his fist on the ground yelling. "I remember my name... That moment he died in front of me... He was eaten by wolves and I could do nothing. And... No... I can't remember who killed... I can't get it together. Why did I lose my memories in the first place demon." he stood up grabbing a hold of his shield..."I know if I find my killer here I'll ensure they never leave this tower..."

(You can take a guess on who my next character will be :))

Poison likes this

William raised his bow and pulled the string back, lining up a shot at this 'Igor.' 

"If you know our names and faces. Then you shall know me, and you will know that I don't appreciate your kind." William spat the words with disgust. "You think you're so high and mighty because you know us and we don't know you."

William looked at Earline and Tarn. He could see that they were both distrubed by the figure's words. He wouldn't hesitate to fire his bow if he felt they were in danger.

Earline tried to comfort Tarn while Igor turned to William, casually reaching for another file which was seemingly identical to the others. This time he took out the very first document and raised his eyebrows as he read, a low chuckle leaving him as he began to speak again. "William Arathaw, died at 27 years old during the Victorian era. Not married, no children..  Ah but a very wealthy family line I see." Igor grinned and flicked through several other documents in the file, humming softly as he did so while his small pupils scanned the surface of the paper. "It seems you spent your life pretending to be a peasant.. How quaint. A boy born with a silver spoon who was mistaken for a common thief.. What a tragic death indeed.." Igor leaned forward on the surface of the desk, his elbows resting atop two of the other files, "You have done no more than shoot apples from a tree with that bow.. Could a boy like you really kill a man?"

The man chuckled again, his low voice echoing throughout the room as he rested his chin on the top of his hand, clearly not phased by the deadly arrow pointed in his direction.

"Hmm... For a secretary you seem to be quite the jerk. Why am I surprised?" John said. He leaned forward and looked right into Igor's eyes.

"How about you read mine... Without such a biased opinion," John growled. He was already tired of this place. He was ready to go through the door that the newcomer Harley had already designated.

"I've met men like you in the army... They all died. They meant nothing."

"I've heard enough of this. You are quick to accuse others of lacking courage, but you sit behind your papers and your words. And now I need not even be afraid of death, for I am already dead." William snapped, he released the arrow, sending the iron-tipped shaft flying towards Igor.

William drew and nocked another arrow, quickly drawing it as if to fire another. "I won't stand for your actions any longer than I have to."

His eyes were filled with fear, but shrouded by his hood enough that he hoped no one would see them. However, there was another emotion thatblazed just as bright: anger. He wouldn't let this thing torment his friends, even if he'd only just met them and they technically weren't friends.