497 posts in this topic

A number will be randomly generated each day, and the Pokemon with that number in the national dex will be the one you give your opinion on that day! The averages will be later stored for all to see! I hope you enjoy rating/reading other people's ratings about your favorite (or least favorite) Pokemon.

Spoiler

in previous versions of this thread, I'd had trouble keeping up every day due to life and also my typing addiction, resulting in updating it taking longer than it should. I'll try to avoid that as best I can, but should I be unable to properly update this, hereby nominating the ever reliable @Big the Cat @Taiiyo and @Kilgrave to take up my torch

Simply rate the Pokemon on a scale of 1-10 and give us the reason for your rating!

And today's Pokemon is-

#257 Blaziken!

blaziken.gif

My rating: 8.5

Blaziken's one of those Pokemon I just immediately register as awesome. Blazing kicking chicken man. I've never managed to use it on an in-game run (only ever used a Torchic on a nuzlocke and it died as a Combusken) but it's still a Pokemon I love using in battle. Speed Boost does make it a bit crazy for 6v6 formats (though tbh I think it'd be fine in OU now with the baton pass ban) but even without that it can be a potent sweeper thanks to its high physical and special attack combined with a great movepool. Also been helpful with Speed Boost for the Battle Spot and Battle maison/tree. And it's also a blazing kicking chicken man and I've had a cool action figure of it since I was 7. Stellar.

#257 Mega Blaziken!

blaziken-mega.gif

My rating: 8.5

The design is above average as far as megas go, but not a massive improvement. The way it works in battle is also literally the same as regular Blaziken but with better stats, so although it's useful and possesses a different role than the base simply by nature of taking up a mega slot, it's not too interesting in terms of battling. All in all basically doesn't improve the way I feel about Blaziken, but doesn't make it worse either.

Highest rating: Giratina from day 61, with 9.3 on average

Lowest rating: Skitty from day 16, with 3.1 on average

Highest mega: Venusaur from day 8, with 9.1 on average

Lowest mega: Charizard X from day 56, with 7.1 on average

Averages: 

Day 1 Bergmite (6.8)

Day 2 Torchic (7.8)

Day 3 Toxicroak (7.6)

Day 4 Pansear (6.6)

Day 5 Pelipper (6.6)

Day 6 Yanma (7.8)

Day 7 Comfey (5.1)

Day 8 Venusaur (8.5) Mega Venusaur (9.1)

Day 9 Magearna (6.3)

Day 10 Chespin (6)

Day 11 Zangoose (4.9)

Day 12 Darumaka (7.5)

Day 13 Noctowl (8.3)

Day 14 Kakuna (6.7)

Day 15 Tapu Koko (8)

Day 16 Skitty (3.1)

Day 17 Altaria (8) Mega Altaria (9)

Day 18 Mienshao (7.1)

Day 19 Carbink (3.6)

Day 20 Golbat (5.9)

Day 21 Claydol (6.1)

Day 22 Aerodactyl (7.3) Mega Aerodactyl (7.6)

Day 23 Luvdisc (4.9)

Day 24 Rhyperior (7.3)

Day 25 Elgyem (6)

Day 26 Emolga (5.2)

Day 27 Mankey (5.1)

Day 28 Guzzlord (7.8)

Day 29 Sceptile (6.9) Mega Sceptiile (8)

Day 30 Croagunk (7.1)

Day 31 Froakie (6)

Day 32 Bounsweet (6)

Day 33 Salandit (7.7)

Day 34 Throh (5)

Day 35 Tailow (7.8)

Day 36 Masquerain (5)

Day 37 Machop (5)

Day 38 Lairon (7.7)

Day 39 Nosepass (6.3)

Day 40 Herdier (6.1)

Day 41 Goldeen (6.7)

Day 42 Pangoro (6)

Day 43 Dragonite (7.9)

Day 44 Dunsparce (8.6)

Day 45 Wailord (8.3)

Day 46 Trevenant (6.8)

Day 47 Weepinbell (6.5)

Day 48 Bisharp (8.6)

Day 49 Mareanie (5.2)

Day 50 Dragalge (7)

Day 51 Magby (6)

Day 52 Celebi (7.8)

Day 53 Larvesta (7.4)

Day 54 Carnivine (7.8)

Day 55 Simisear (6.2)

Day 56 Charizard (6.1) Mega Charizard X (7.1) Mega Charizard Y (7.4)

Day 57 Fomantis (5.4)

Day 58 Illumise (3.8)

Day 59 Kyurem (8) Kyurem Black/White (8.7)

Day 60 Pancham (4.8)

Day 61 Giratina (9.3) Giratina-Origin (9.3)

Day 62 Victreebel (8.3)

Day 63 Quagsire (8.6)

Day 64 Prinplup (5)

Day 65 Hitmontop (7.3)

Day 66 Makuhita (4.9)

Taiiyo, Tega and Nisa like this

Are we supposed to comment on this? Because I would say "I agree" but in not sure if I should.

Rating: 5

Tbh, never really cared for the little fellow. I love his design, it's cute and all (especially the little peggy legs <3), but that is all I can really say. I barely encountered it in XY so I can't really tell you about the animation and gameplay of it. I like how it is based off an iceberg (although the bottom of an actual iceberg is longer but whatever). Not really anything can bring my rating up for it. I don't just solely base my opinion off design, so that is why my rating is as it is.

Oh I thought this was just for you haha

Well, I give it a 7. It's a cute pre-evo to one of the 'forgotten' pokes, and I just like it. 

Bergmite is one of my favourite pre evolutions  ever since I saw it in pokemon X. Surprisingly I have a shiny version of it. The evolution is quite good. But I'm not too impressed.

10/10. A good boy. Look at those lovely eyes, the crystalline shine of his back. Reminds me of the little dudes in twilight princess up in snowpack ruins. Loves his family. Pays his taxes. 10/10.

The-Hydra and AethericDoom like this

6 hours ago, isagonj said:

10/10. A good boy. Look at those lovely eyes, the crystalline shine of his back. Reminds me of the little dudes in twilight princess up in snowpack ruins. Loves his family. Pays his taxes. 10/10.

Oh my god, you are right! I am just realizing that now and TP was like my fav Zelda game

I'd say 6/10. He's cute and has cool animations, and his evolution is awesome, and e couldn't be better design wise. I just feel like he isn't all that memorable so he gets a 6/10.

And the community rating for Bergmite is 6.8! And today's Pokemon is...

#255 Torchic!

torchic.gif

My Rating: 8

I've used Torchic for a couple playthroughs, but due to all those being nuzlockes, I never actually got it fully evolved and to the end of the game seeing as I either got bored (or it just happened to die.) So, not a lot of sentimental feeling for Torchic. But, there's other things I like about it- I love using it in Little Cup, it's a member of what I think is the best batch of unevolved starters, and of course it's an adorable fire chick. Considering all that and that it's unevolved, I'd say it earns the 8 from me.

My Rating: 8.5

*Puts hands up* I plead guilty, I used the Speed Boost Torchic in my X playthrough. Yes I know, but it was so tempting to add. It's a fluffy little guy indeed. I mostly like it because he just played a vital role in my X team (although I think once he was able to mega evolve, the game got a little too easy). It is one of my favorite bird pokemon by design (So glad it didn't get a flying typing like Doduo and others). But the guy basically starts off as a little, fluffy chick, then becomes this complete monster when it mega evolves. Enough said.

10/10 

This is one of my personal favorite Pokémon. It has an awesome, cute design and cool animation, is actually pretty good in game playthroughs, and evolved into some cool fighters. But Torchic is the supreme example of a great combination of cute and powerful, and had a big bar to reach being a starter - Although I think Torchic set that bar. 10/10 amazing

7/10

This is my least favourite of the Hoenn starters, which honestly isn't saying much given that I love all of Hoenn's starters. However, Torchic just never struck the same chord with me that Treecko or Mudkip did. Torchic is a perfect case of a pokemon that I will use because I like its evolutions, not because I particularly like it. To be fair, Speed Boost as a Hidden Ability is pretty cool. It's better than Unburden or Damp, that's for sure. However, I still am not a big fan of this little Fire Chick. I mean come on. It's not like the most recent Lunar New Year was anything related to Fire Chickens or anything. But yeah, to reiterate: 7/10

7.5 / 10

I love all of the Hoenn Pokemon, but Torchic is probably my least favourite. However, I think it's freaking adorable :D

10/10. A beautiful girl and an ideal pet. A little chubby but that why everyone loves her. Loves sunflower seeds. Very fast.10/10

Well, Ive never really liked its design and its my least favourite Hoenn Starter *^* Dont really have much else to say about it, lol

Sciz likes this

Torchic is also my least favourite of the Hoenn starters, even though I still somewhat like it? It started fire/fighting which was just great and I don't really like the design as compared to the other 2, but its alright I guess

The-Hydra likes this

The community rating for Torchic is 7.6! 7.8 thanks to Crawdad being faster than me! And today's Pokemon is...

#454 Toxicroak!

toxicroak.gif

My rating: 7

Toxicroak is quite an out-there Pokemon- a poison dart frog that stands upright and likes to fight/spray poison from its weird chin sac thing. Quite a concept. It's apparently also partially based on a kind of amphibian that can break its finger so that the bone will quickly pierce flesh for fast-acting poison. Neat stuff. It's also got a unique and highly useful Poison/Fighting typing, and fun abilities like Poison Touch and Dry Skin. There are some things I'm not crazy about with Toxicroak though- its design is an overload of gen 4 aesthetic, with random stripes and flourishes all over. The bizarre horn-looking thing and the general strange layout of the face don't help either. But, still one of the cooler Pokemon for sure.

5.3261/10

Meh. He's kind of forgettable and odd, I don't like the animation, and I don't like the weird poison chin.

I guess it looks okay though, and it's typing is good, so 5.3261/10

Rating: 7

Love its typing. Only true weaknesses are to Ground, Psychic, and Flying. Decent design. I like the little claws/bones coming out of its hands. I feel that the animation in SM/XY could be better. I would like it if the sac below its throat would bulge more. I feel Croagunk overshadows Toxicroak in popularity (Curse Brock's attraction for girls). But yeah, pretty good pokemon overall.

i had wanted a poison fight frog for years and then this boy came around

single handedly cured all depressions both economical and mental

he shoots the gunk

Sciz and The-Hydra like this