The-Hydra

Daily Pokemon Opinions (Pansear!)

41 posts in this topic

9/10

Poison is by far my favorite type, and this quirky frog guy is no exception. I especially like what it does with the concept of a frog/toad - most fictional amphibians are fat, lazy, or gross (or all three!) and if they're not taking that approach, they're trying to be as cute as possible. Toxicroak sits nicely between these two extremes, carving out its own little niche as a sleazy killer with a grin on its face that says "I eat babies and kick puppies in my freetime." It's also just a creative design all around, a really interesting take on what a fictional frog should look like. My only nitpick is that the color scheme feels a little generic, might have looked cooler in stylish black and neon pink or yellow, or even used its shiny coloration as the default color scheme. Overall though that doesn't hurt it too much and Toxicroak is still among my favorites.

As many may know, I dislike frogs. Yet something about Croagunk and Toxicroak makes me like them. First off, I really like its typing and from a design standpoint, it's pretty cool too. 

7.5/10

10/10 A good girl. Has nice claws and is ready to use them at any moment. Has three lovely children and teaches them how to fight. Should also mention that's she's one of my favourite Pokemon to use in competitive singles. Donates to charity regularly. 10/10.

6/10

I quite like Crogunk as I watched the DPP anime, but I think Toxicroak is rather forgettable. It looks cool, but I prefer it's pre-evolution, and I often forget about it.

8/10

I loved Croagunk in DPP as well as in Pokemon Online ( the simulator before Pokemon Showdown ) I love it's unique typing and the way it sucker punches almost everything in its path. When gen 5 came out it was a staple to any Drizzle team along with Kingdra before it got banned. Great switch in against a water type, hurts quite a bit against its weaknesses and sunny teams but still a good Pokemon. I wish it was still just as good as it was before.

Toxicroak's community rating is 7.6! And today's Pokemon is...

#513 Pansear!

pansear.gif

My rating: 8

For some reason, when Black and White was out in Japan but not in the US yet, one of the Pokemon among the rather long list of new additions that really stood out to me was Pansear. Not sure why. And, to this day, still not too sure why I like Pansear. I did use Pansear on my first time playing White, and I in general was rather fond of the idea that you'd get to receive a Pokemon that balances out your starter's weaknesses. Not much else to say though. So yeah, liked using it, cool idea, nostalgia and a design that appeals to me a bit more puts it over the other monkeys for me.

monkey trio is dumb. should leave trios to starters and legends.

also pansage is cooler cause you get it if you chose tepig.

but i hate all the pan monkeys. aipom is only good monkey please do that next. force randomiser to pick aipom.

6/10

The only reason I'm giving this anything above a 3 is because it's actually reasonably cute and looks like it could evolve into something nice. The rest of the Unova monkeys are both hideous and lazy to me and I'm fairly certain they were added for the sole gimmick of mirroring the starters. Could have done with just Pansear and touched up Simisear to be less terrible and this whole mess could have been avoided.

I love Pansear as a Pokemon, and mine stayed on my Black team for a while. I found all  of the Elemental Monkeys to be adorable, and Pansear & Simisear are my favorite of the 3. I give it a solid 10/10

Rating: 3

Nice little tuff of hair on its head. But man oh man am I about to unleash my love for the Chimchar line on it. First off, another Fire Monkey?! Chimchar was literally just introduced a gen earlier, as a starter. That is way to early imo. It has a horrible design (along with the rest of its trio) compared to other monkey pokemon. So yeah, the only thing it has going for me is its tuff of hair. But even that is only decent at best for me.

7/10

I love all the pans, but it's just a little unoriginal for me. I like pansage better.

7.5 / 10

While I don't give a damn about the other monkeys, Pansear holds a special place in my heart because I refused to pick anything other than Oshawott in the fifth gen games, so it was the only one of the monkeys that I actually got to use.

10/10 very cute!!! I love the monkey trio as much as I love all gen 5 Pokemon and they all have adorable little faces. A little cheeky but volunteers for charity with its buds every now and again. Very generous and gives you part of its food. 10/10.

Big the Cat likes this