The-Hydra

Daily Pokemon Opinions (Sceptile!)

240 posts in this topic

A number will be randomly generated each day, and the Pokemon with that number in the national dex will be the one you give your opinion on that day! The averages will be later stored for all to see! I hope you enjoy rating/reading other people's ratings about your favorite (or least favorite) Pokemon.

Spoiler

in previous versions of this thread, I'd had trouble keeping up every day due to life and also my typing addiction, resulting in updating it taking longer than it should. I'll try to avoid that as best I can, but in the unlikely case I miss a day or two, hereby nominating the ever reliable @Sciz to take up my torch.

Simply rate the Pokemon on a scale of 1-10 and give us the reason for your rating!

And today's Pokemon is... 

#254 Sceptile!

sceptile.gif

My rating: 7.5

Sceptile's a member of what I think is all-around the best batch of starters, so that explains a large part of my favorable view on it. It's got a pretty solid design itself, and evolves from what is almost unarguably the best middle-stage starter. It's also really quite fast which is cool, the only starter that out speeds it being Greninja. Of all the Hoenn starters, I think it got the best signature move (Leaf Blade, as opposed to Blaze Kick or Muddy Water) though I guess that could be debated. It's got the stats so that it can run a mixed set as well, which I always like. All around a Pokemon I'm rather fond of but just don't have a lot of personal experience with.

#254 Mega Sceptile!

sceptile-mega.gif

My rating: 9

Mega Sceptile is definitely on the list of better megas in my opinion. The pose looks interesting (especially for a 3D sprite,) there's some nice subtle design changes, and of course the tail. High quality tail. Just ask @Master Snivy. It gets a sky-high 145 speed stat, only beaten by a handful of other Pokemon (most legends or megas.) Giving it an immunity to a type it would have a 4x resistance to in LightningRod might feel a bit lame at first, but considering you get a much appreciated x1.5 Special Attack boost and the ability to stop things from getting momentum with Volt Switch (or hitting an ally with Electric moves in double battles) it's actually quite a nice get. No Draco Meteor is a bit of a shame but still great overall.

Highest rating: Venusaur from day 8, with 8.5 on average

Lowest rating: Skitty from day 16, with 3.1 on average

Highest mega: Venusaur from day 8, with 9.1 on average

Lowest mega: Aerodactyl from day 22, with 7.6 on average

Averages: 

Day 1 (4/20/17) Bergmite (6.8)

Day 2 (4/21/17) Torchic (7.8)

Day 3 (4/23/17) Toxicroak (7.6)

Day 4 (4/24/17) Pansear (6.6)

Day 5 (4/25/17) Pelipper (6.6)

Day 6 (4/26/17) Yanma (7.8)

Day 7 (4/27/17) Comfey (5.1)

Day 8 (4/28/17) Venusaur (8.5) Mega Venusaur (9.1)

Day 9 (4/29/17) Magearna (6.3)

Day 10 (4/30/17) Chespin (6)

Day 11 (4/31/17) Zangoose (4.9)

Day 12 (5/1/17) Darumaka (7.5)

Day 13 (5/2/17) Noctowl (8.3)

Day 14 (5/3/17) Kakuna (6.7)

Day 15 (5/5/17) Tapu Koko (8)

Day 16 (5/6/17) Skitty (3.1)

Day 17 (5/7/17) Altaria (8) Mega Altaria (9)

Day 18 (5/8/17) Mienshao (7.1)

Day 19 (5/9/17) Carbink (3.6)

Day 20 (5/10/17) Golbat (5.9)

Day 21 (5/11/17) Claydol (6.1)

Day 22 (5/12/17) Aerodactyl (7.3) Mega Aerodactyl (7.6)

Day 23 (5/13/17) Luvdisc (4.9)

Day 24 (5/15/17) Rhyperior (7.3)

Day 25 (5/16/17) Elgyem (6)

Day 26 (5/17/17) Emolga (5.2)

Day 27 (5/18/17) Mankey (5.1)

Day 28 (5/19/17) Guzzlord (7.8)

Taiiyo, Nisa and Tega like this

Are we supposed to comment on this? Because I would say "I agree" but in not sure if I should.

Yes, the main point is in fact for people to give the daily Pokemon their own ratings and explain why o3o

Rating: 5

Tbh, never really cared for the little fellow. I love his design, it's cute and all (especially the little peggy legs <3), but that is all I can really say. I barely encountered it in XY so I can't really tell you about the animation and gameplay of it. I like how it is based off an iceberg (although the bottom of an actual iceberg is longer but whatever). Not really anything can bring my rating up for it. I don't just solely base my opinion off design, so that is why my rating is as it is.

Oh I thought this was just for you haha

Well, I give it a 7. It's a cute pre-evo to one of the 'forgotten' pokes, and I just like it. 

Bergmite is one of my favourite pre evolutions  ever since I saw it in pokemon X. Surprisingly I have a shiny version of it. The evolution is quite good. But I'm not too impressed.

10/10. A good boy. Look at those lovely eyes, the crystalline shine of his back. Reminds me of the little dudes in twilight princess up in snowpack ruins. Loves his family. Pays his taxes. 10/10.

AethericDoom and The-Hydra like this

6 hours ago, isagonj said:

10/10. A good boy. Look at those lovely eyes, the crystalline shine of his back. Reminds me of the little dudes in twilight princess up in snowpack ruins. Loves his family. Pays his taxes. 10/10.

Oh my god, you are right! I am just realizing that now and TP was like my fav Zelda game

I'd say 6/10. He's cute and has cool animations, and his evolution is awesome, and e couldn't be better design wise. I just feel like he isn't all that memorable so he gets a 6/10.

And the community rating for Bergmite is 6.8! And today's Pokemon is...

#255 Torchic!

torchic.gif

My Rating: 8

I've used Torchic for a couple playthroughs, but due to all those being nuzlockes, I never actually got it fully evolved and to the end of the game seeing as I either got bored (or it just happened to die.) So, not a lot of sentimental feeling for Torchic. But, there's other things I like about it- I love using it in Little Cup, it's a member of what I think is the best batch of unevolved starters, and of course it's an adorable fire chick. Considering all that and that it's unevolved, I'd say it earns the 8 from me.

My Rating: 8.5

*Puts hands up* I plead guilty, I used the Speed Boost Torchic in my X playthrough. Yes I know, but it was so tempting to add. It's a fluffy little guy indeed. I mostly like it because he just played a vital role in my X team (although I think once he was able to mega evolve, the game got a little too easy). It is one of my favorite bird pokemon by design (So glad it didn't get a flying typing like Doduo and others). But the guy basically starts off as a little, fluffy chick, then becomes this complete monster when it mega evolves. Enough said.

10/10 

This is one of my personal favorite Pokémon. It has an awesome, cute design and cool animation, is actually pretty good in game playthroughs, and evolved into some cool fighters. But Torchic is the supreme example of a great combination of cute and powerful, and had a big bar to reach being a starter - Although I think Torchic set that bar. 10/10 amazing

7/10

This is my least favourite of the Hoenn starters, which honestly isn't saying much given that I love all of Hoenn's starters. However, Torchic just never struck the same chord with me that Treecko or Mudkip did. Torchic is a perfect case of a pokemon that I will use because I like its evolutions, not because I particularly like it. To be fair, Speed Boost as a Hidden Ability is pretty cool. It's better than Unburden or Damp, that's for sure. However, I still am not a big fan of this little Fire Chick. I mean come on. It's not like the most recent Lunar New Year was anything related to Fire Chickens or anything. But yeah, to reiterate: 7/10

7.5 / 10

I love all of the Hoenn Pokemon, but Torchic is probably my least favourite. However, I think it's freaking adorable :D

10/10. A beautiful girl and an ideal pet. A little chubby but that why everyone loves her. Loves sunflower seeds. Very fast.10/10

Well, Ive never really liked its design and its my least favourite Hoenn Starter *^* Dont really have much else to say about it, lol

Sciz likes this

Torchic is also my least favourite of the Hoenn starters, even though I still somewhat like it? It started fire/fighting which was just great and I don't really like the design as compared to the other 2, but its alright I guess

The-Hydra likes this

The community rating for Torchic is 7.6! 7.8 thanks to Crawdad being faster than me! And today's Pokemon is...

#454 Toxicroak!

toxicroak.gif

My rating: 7

Toxicroak is quite an out-there Pokemon- a poison dart frog that stands upright and likes to fight/spray poison from its weird chin sac thing. Quite a concept. It's apparently also partially based on a kind of amphibian that can break its finger so that the bone will quickly pierce flesh for fast-acting poison. Neat stuff. It's also got a unique and highly useful Poison/Fighting typing, and fun abilities like Poison Touch and Dry Skin. There are some things I'm not crazy about with Toxicroak though- its design is an overload of gen 4 aesthetic, with random stripes and flourishes all over. The bizarre horn-looking thing and the general strange layout of the face don't help either. But, still one of the cooler Pokemon for sure.

5.3261/10

Meh. He's kind of forgettable and odd, I don't like the animation, and I don't like the weird poison chin.

I guess it looks okay though, and it's typing is good, so 5.3261/10

Rating: 7

Love its typing. Only true weaknesses are to Ground, Psychic, and Flying. Decent design. I like the little claws/bones coming out of its hands. I feel that the animation in SM/XY could be better. I would like it if the sac below its throat would bulge more. I feel Croagunk overshadows Toxicroak in popularity (Curse Brock's attraction for girls). But yeah, pretty good pokemon overall.

i had wanted a poison fight frog for years and then this boy came around

single handedly cured all depressions both economical and mental

he shoots the gunk

The-Hydra and Sciz like this