The-Hydra

Daily Pokemon Opinions (Sceptile!)

240 posts in this topic

9/10 

I use it in VGC and it does nicely in a Trick Room team. Needs a Z-Crystal to actually do anything because its starts are trash but hey, it works really well for me at least. My 6 UB team approved Guzzlord on its 2nd win.

The-Hydra likes this

5/10

It's okay-ish, but definitely my least favourite of the UBs. I find its design way to overdone. Looks like something from another game.

However, it does have a really nice colour scheme.

So yeah, it gets an average rating from me because I don't think it's totally bad.

8/10

Guzzlord has an interesting concept.  Mostly because it seems like a black hole in Pokemon form with how it can consume literally anything without leaving any waste.  Stats-wise though, it's like Wailord.  It has a lot of HP but barely any Defense and Special Defense to back it up.

Guzzlord gets a community average of 7.8! (Too much Guzzle.) And today's Pokemon is...

#254 Sceptile!

sceptile.gif

My rating: 7.5

Sceptile's a member of what I think is all-around the best batch of starters, so that explains a large part of my favorable view on it. It's got a pretty solid design itself, and evolves from what is almost unarguably the best middle-stage starter. It's also really quite fast which is cool, the only starter that out speeds it being Greninja. Of all the Hoenn starters, I think it got the best signature move (Leaf Blade, as opposed to Blaze Kick or Muddy Water) though I guess that could be debated. It's got the stats so that it can run a mixed set as well, which I always like. All around a Pokemon I'm rather fond of but just don't have a lot of personal experience with.

#254 Mega Sceptile!

sceptile-mega.gif

My rating: 9

Mega Sceptile is definitely on the list of better megas in my opinion. The pose looks interesting (especially for a 3D sprite,) there's some nice subtle design changes, and of course the tail. High quality tail. Just ask @Master Snivy. It gets a sky-high 145 speed stat, only beaten by a handful of other Pokemon (most legends or megas.) Giving it an immunity to a type it would have a 4x resistance to in LightningRod might feel a bit lame at first, but considering you get a much appreciated x1.5 Special Attack boost and the ability to stop things from getting momentum with Volt Switch (or hitting an ally with Electric moves in double battles) it's actually quite a nice get. No Draco Meteor is a bit of a shame but still great overall.

(also if anybody's interested in doing these for me on days I'm too busy please do send a PM my way)

1/10 for both Mega and Non-Mega forms.

Sceptile is by far my least-favourite fully evolved starter Pokémon. I love it's pre-evolutions, but Sceptile itself is just, ugh.

I find it's design to be uninteresting and boring, and huge letdown from  its amazing pre-evolution, Grovyle.

It's mega form is just as bad. Possibly even worse in fact. It looks like a walking Christmas tree.

I also think it's shiny form is really gross.

10/10 for both.

I LOVE Sceptile! <3 Its Mega form looks sick too! I prefer Grovyle, but Sceptile still get full credit! OwO

8 hours ago, The-Hydra said:

best middle-stage starter.

Hydra my boi. You just rewon my respect (Evem though you hadn't lost it but shh). Grovyle is undoubtedly fantastic.

But onto Sceptile:

8.5/10

Sceptile was mah boi through the first pokemon game I ever played: Ruby. He carried me through most of the gyms (Which the obvious exceptions being Flannery and Winona.) so I have very strong nostalgic ties to the guy. However, I also love its solid design and (previously) signature move. Leaf Blade was really cool and just made me love the  Treecko line even more.

Mega Sceptile

10/10

MEGA SCEPTILE IS BRILLIANT AAAAAA-

Fangirling session over, but I love Mega Sceptile. It's design is brilliant. It's DRAGON TYPE which I love. All Dragons are my babies. Also Tail Cannon.

Sceptile - 5/10

I just don't like it. Grovyle was much better tbh. Sceptile is just...ehh. Not interesting enough imo

Mega Sceptile - 10/10

Christmas trees are the best thing added to the game tbh, I love it. Actually that's probably the only reason why I gave it a 10. HAHAHA

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• What to read next

• Similar Content

• By The-Hydra
      Well would you look at that, it's the

Pokestadium Summer League!

What is the PS Summer League, one might ask? It's a battling competition that will be ongoing for the duration of the rather warm times (Summer.) The gist of this competition is that there will be eight (8!) Gym Leaders for challengers to defeat and obtain badges from. Upon beating them, they will become champion, unless there should already be a presiding champion- then of course they're going to have to fight, but more on that later. 

SOME GROUND RULES:

GYM LEADERS:

Here's the list of the eight members that are currently serving as gym leaders. If you'd like to challenge one of them, send a PM here or on the discord to any of the ones you're currently prepared to battle with your team. It's a good idea to hang out at this server frequently if you want to have the best shot at getting your battles in. Be sure to save a replay of your battle as backup validation of your victory.

CHALLENGING THE LEAGUE:

To challenge the league, you of course must build a team of six Pokemon. You should try to pick your Pokemon carefully, as you must use the same Pokemon for all battles against Gym Leaders. You can change them if you'd really like, but be warned- you will lose any badges you have currently obtained should you change any of your Pokemon, and you'll have to re-obtain those badges with the new team.

The Gym Leaders can be challenged in any order, and as in the games they'll all use one type exclusively. Because of this, it would be a good idea to bring teams with a lot more variety that will prove more versatile for these battles. Also be aware that if you lose a battle against a Gym Leader, they aren't absolutely compelled to fight you again until three days have passed. Of course, they could rematch you right away, but whether or not they'll do that is a decision for the individual gym leader.

To challenge the league, simply fill out the following form and post it here or send it in a PM:

BECOMING CHAMPION:

Once you've defeated all eight Gym Leaders and collected every badge, you will become champion of the Summer League! That is, unless there's already a champion. In which case you'll have to fight them. Should a challenger lose against the champion, they must wait at least one week before there is to be a rematch. The Champion and challengers of course will still only being using the team they collected their eight badges with. There are also some perks to being champion:

On a total side note, if anybody is interested in making a banner or badges so they don't have to be made by me and thus look bad, that'd be stellar. Have fun challenging the Summer League!

• By The-Hydra
      (Credit to the fine folks of the PUCL community for inspiring this game.)

Here's how this game works: one person starts by thinking of a Pokemon, and noting a fact about it (ideally one shared with many Pokemon, such as it learning a move like Helping Hand.) Then other participants can take a guess of what Pokemon it might be- and after at least one person has guessed, the person who knows the Pokemon will confirm if the guess[es] are right or wrong, and then give another fact about the Pokemon. The facts should get increasingly specific as this process continues- starting off with moves, egg groups, and place in an evolutionary line, but eventually moving onto abilities and typings and whatnot. Ideally, your guesses should be based on your innate Pokemon knowledge, so use of external information sources is discouraged but of course can't be prevented.

When somebody does guess the Pokemon correctly, they get to think of a new Pokemon and new questions. There is a limit of 10 facts. If nobody gets it in 10, then whoever guessed most recently can do the next mon/facts. Because of this, the 10th question should be made to make the answer quite obvious, but not outright reveal it. (For example, if the answer was Plusle, you could say "It's not Minun.") Also, if the person presenting the facts fails to answer guesses within 24 hours, then this responsibility falls upon whoever guesses most recently/whoever feels like picking it up.

First hint rule:

Form rules:

Because this needs to be even more complex it'll be fun, I'll also keep track of who's been guessing correctly. If your guess was on the first fact, you'll get 10 points, and if it was on the last, you'll get 1. 

Leaderboards:

I suppose I'll kick us off here:

#1: This Pokemon learns the move Peck.