Tega

Favorite Nintendo Console?

6 posts in this topic

What is yours? Mine is the wii ( please don't get mad ) it was my first console other than the original DS, and I got it for christmas in like 2008.

The-Hydra and Big the Cat like this

Tough question if there ever was one- however, forced to choose (not going to include handhelds as they make the choice too hard) I'd probably have to go for the Nintendo 64. Now, don't get me wrong, objectively it's far from the greatest system for a wide variety of reasons, but I personally just really love it. It's not even nostalgia-related, surprisingly, considering I'd had numerous consoles before it. 

First off the system has Mario 64, probably my favorite Mario game (or potentially even game) to date and undeniably massively important/influential from a historical standpoint for games. Platforming's basically my favorite genre, and while other platformers for the system like Donkey Kong 64, Kirby 64 and Yoshi's Story don't come close to that level of perfection Mario 64 reaches I still enjoy all of them quite a bit. Multiplayer is also a huge thing for me, so the fact the system is arguably Nintendo's strongest in terms of memorable multiplayer experiences (Mario kart, Mario Party, Pokemon Stadium, GoldenEye, Banjo-Tooie, etc.) helps it out a lot.

Plus, the controllers and system itself (while not always the most ergonomic) just look really cool to me, and hey at the end of the day Nintendo's somewhat of a toy company so that should probably be weighed with some significance

Tega and Pepsi Man like this

Mm. Simple but short. N64. Had great memories. And thats its.

Tega likes this

Man, I miss the Wii. I don't have it any longer, instead I have to cope with the Wii U, which I wouldn't mind if it wasn't running out of battery EVERY HALF AN HOUR.

Because I was not around for those really old Nintendo consoles, I would have to go with my trusty 3DS XL. Despite the fact the the sound randomly gets louder and quieter by itself like a ghost is in there and sometimes when I move the circle pad it goes on for longer than it should, I love it cos it's old and all of my best DS experiences were on there. It was on there that I git gud. Although I'll probably get a 2DS XL when it comes out, I'll always miss that 3DS XL.

Tega and The-Hydra like this

Hmm

Wii U, fight me. It had some great games, and many 3D Zelda experiences that have made me the worst person I can be. I still gotta hate Midna's yawn from TPHD.

Big the Cat likes this

My favorite main console I'd say is the Wii, and my favorite portable is probably the 2DS. My red Wii was the first console I ever had, plus Brawl and MKWii are on it, so..

The 2DS specifically is something I only recently came to love. Having giant gorilla hands like mine,  the 2DS is just great.

Tega likes this