Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Julie

How I rate all middle stages

11 posts in this topic

Here, I am going to give a rating for every single middle stage Pokemon, I probably can't do all, I might have to make separate comments for separate generations. (For less confusion, the symbols are to the right of the Pokemon.)

Key: B-Bad, D-Decent, O-Okay, G-Great.

ivysaur.gifOcharmeleon.gifGwartortle.gifOmetapod.gifDkakuna.gifDpidgeotto.gifGpikachu.gifOnidorina.gifGnidorino.gifOclefairy.gifOjigglypuff.gifGgolbat.gifBgloom.gifBpoliwhirl.gifGkadabra.gifBmachoke.gifBweepinbell.gifDgraveler.gifBhaunter.gifOchansey.gifGelectabuzz.gifOmagmar.gifBdragonair.gifGbayleef.gifGquilava.gifGcroconaw.gifBtogetic.gifDflaaffy.gifDmarill.gifOskiploom.gifDporygon2.gifGpupitar.gifB

grovyle.gifGcombusken.gifBmarshtomp.gifDsilcoon.gifBcascoon.gifDlombre.gifBnuzleaf.gifDkirlia.gifBvigoroth.gifBloudred.gifBlairon.gifOroselia.gifBvibrava.gifOsealeo.gifGshelgon.gifDmetang.gifG

Sciz and The-Hydra like this

@AlexFuses and @Julie, For future reference, please make these types of things blog posts instead of topics- they can be made into their own topics if you'd really like, but you should word the title as asking people for their thoughts on the subject (in this case, "Opinions on middle-stage Pokemon?") as opposed to the way you've presented it here.

Personally, some of my favorite middle stages are Poliwhirl, Shelgon, and Zweilous.poliwhirl.gifshelgon.gifzweilous.gif

They all have rather different behaviors and personalities from their previous and final stages, which I like because it makes them feel more unique as Pokemon despite being essentially the awkward connecting piece between the baby and adult forms. Plus, something about their designs I just love. To be honest though, these are just a few that came to mind, I'm quite a big fan of a lot of middle stage Pokemon.

As for my least favorites, I'd say most starter middle stages- they tend to feel pretty meh and forced to me for some reason, there's only a few that feel very distinct or noteworthy (Grovyle, Dartrix, and probably the Johto ones.)

Tega, Panflam, OhJay and 1 other like this

My face when somebody 'Okays' a Wartortle 

Image result for shocked face

Personally I love Wartortle LOL I actually dislike few Middle-evos. Torracat and Brionne are by far my least favourites.

My favourites would be Wartortle (obviously) and I like Dartrix I guess, I like to think its an owl version of Gladion sometimes, lmao,

Julie likes this

Hello, I would like to offer my rating on Chansey.

While I do like the BDOG scale that you use for rating, I'm afraid it is not particularly useful when it comes to rating Chansey. Chansey is not a G, an O, a D (100% female ;)), or even a B.

For Chansey, there must be a new rating: T

T can stand for lots of things. Terrific, Touching, Tingling, or even Tongue. However, in this situation, T stands for Trash.

And that is what I would rate Chansey. Trash. It is a stupid fat blob which is honestly very annoying.

I approve of all of your other ratings, but Chansey must be changed. Please, change OGODDGOGOOGBBGBBDBOGOBGGGBDDODGBGBDBDBDBBBOBOGDG to OGODDGOGOOGBBGBBDBOTOBGGGBDDODGBGBDBDBDBBBOBOGDG. For the people. Thank you.

Kekleon and Genji like this

My favorites have to be Charmeleon, Dewott, and Shelgon. 

First of all, Shelgon is awesome, no other way to say it.

Second of all, Dewott is also awesome, and so is Samurott (please don't hate me)

Third, Carmeleon is a classic and when Charmander turned into Charmeleon in the anime, it was so funny to me idk why. Oh wait, I was little. 

So thats all I have to say.

47 minutes ago, Sciz said:

Hello, I would like to offer my rating on Chansey.

While I do like the BDOG scale that you use for rating, I'm afraid it is not particularly useful when it comes to rating Chansey. Chansey is not a G, an O, a D (100% female ;)), or even a B.

For Chansey, there must be a new rating: T

T can stand for lots of things. Terrific, Touching, Tingling, or even Tongue. However, in this situation, T stands for Trash.

And that is what I would rate Chansey. Trash. It is a stupid fat blob which is honestly very annoying.

I approve of all of your other ratings, but Chansey must be changed. Please, change OGODDGOGOOGBBGBBDBOGOBGGGBDDODGBGBDBDBDBBBOBOGDG to OGODDGOGOOGBBGBBDBOTOBGGGBDDODGBGBDBDBDBBBOBOGDG. For the people. Thank you.

Wow, thanks SO much. :(

1 hour ago, AethericDoom said:

Maybe next time rate like a grade, as in, A, B, C, D, F

I'll do that for gen 4, 5, 6, and 7.

I'm gonna choose my top 3 from each generation (2 for Gen IV, because there aren't many from that gen that I really like).

Gen I

148.gif002.gif126.gif

Dragonair - Has a really pretty design, and is tied with Black Kyurem as my favourite Dragon-Type Pokémon. Also, it is infinitely better than its god-awful evolution, Dragonite.

Ivysaur - I love the entire Bulbasaur line, so it's no surprise that it is one of my favourite middle stages from Gen I.

Magmar - I LOVE Magmar, and it's pre-evolution Magby. It has a nice design and is just plain awesome. And yeah, I don't care if it has a 'butt face'.

Gen II

156.gif 233.gif 176.gif

Quilava - Awesome looking, and a nice evolution to Cyndaquil.

Porygon2 - I hate Porygon Z, but this thing is cool as heck! Reminds me of those fake birds that bend down and drink water.

Togetic - Love the look of it, and it's so cute. Prefer it over Togekiss (not that I hate Togekiss or anything).

Gen III

305.gif 281.gif 253.gif

Lairon - Looks cool, and evolves into Aggron, one of my favourite Steel-Types.

Kirlia - Cute, and nicely designed. I like how it dances on its tip-toes in its XY/ORAS/SunMoon model as well.

Grovyle - I HATE Sceptile, but Grovyle on the other hand, is awesome. Seriously, how could you not like it?

Gen IV

394.gif 444.gif

Prinplup - Looks really cool, and is a part of one of my favourite Water-Type starter lines, the Piplup line.

Gabite - To be honest, I almost prefer Gabite over Garchomp. IDK, something about its design is really appealling to me 

Gen V

552.gif496.gif 634.gif

Krokorok - Has a really, really nice design, and evolves into the beast that is Krookodile.

Servine - Looks like a bigger Snivy, which is why I like it. I am a diehard Snivy fan, after all.

Zweilous - Anything to do with the Deino line is awesome, so obviously Zweilous is no exception. Like it's pre-evolution and evolution, I just think it looks badass as heck.

Gen VI

705.gif 680.gif654.gif

Sliggoo - Awesome slug dragon? Hell yeah! To bad it evolves into Dragonite-esque Goodra..

Doublade - Better than Aegislash by a mile. I personally really like its design  

Braixen - I think it looks nice. My only complaint is that the ear tufts stick out in a really awkward-looking way.

Gen VII

brionne_by_alolan_sprites-dat6xan.gif hakamo_o_by_alolan_sprites-dat7kon.giftorracat_by_alolan_sprites-dat6x0s.gif

Brionne - <3 It's so cute, and I've been a huge fan of it ever since it's reveal. 

Hakamo-o - Another case of "looks better than its evolution". Seriously, I think Hakamo-o has an awesome design, while Kommo-o's seems a bit too cluttered for my tastes.

Torracat - Didn't like it at first, but once I used it in-game I started to really like it. 

The-Hydra likes this

Okay Gen 4. (ratings are not meaning to offend anybody, this is my opinion) These are rated by grade, requested by @AethericDoomgrotle.gifB+monferno.gifDprinplup.gifstaravia.gifBluxio.gifC+gabite.gifB+ 

Wow, that's it for this generation? Not a lot.

I'm kinda curious as to what you think of these pokemon besides letters, lol

Anyway I like cosmoem quite a lot. I haven't seen much of it since I dont't sun or moon, or even a 3ds for that matter. Regardless I think the whole evolution thing with cosmog is pretty cool, I think cosmoem is a really decent middle stage too since you can see it take on a more solid form than cosmog did. Even though there isn't much to it's desgin I still like it.