Kinas10

New types of mods and more of the current ones

6 posts in this topic

It just really wondered me why there is only so small of a moderator team. We have general moderators dedicated to the main site and  then we have rp moderators dedicated to the rp section. First of all i don't think we have enough of those two. But of course that is up to Johan. But another thing is the artwork section. There is no mods for this and could it maybe be possible to have Artwork Moderators? These would be able to approve pokecreations and moderate the artwork section. And if the writing section should come back it should maybe also have mods dedicated to itself... This is just a idea. But i hope this will have a chance to happen. 

I think you're right. Then again, it must surely be difficult to find people who can be relied upon and fully trusted as moderators. For example, I want to be a moderator, but when I consider how I'd deal with rule breaking... well, I'm not sure I'd be firm enough. Same with some other people, yet I definitely agree with you, kinas.

Moderating has always been an issue. Back when we had our old forum there were quite a handful but everyone had lives with one being in college, one moving, etc etc. When we got the new forum Johan carefully and picked the current moderators maturely. We've all had a discussion beforehand about adding new moderators and it got out of control with people nominating people like it was the hunger games. 

Everything has finally settled and we have a good group of both role-play moderators and forum moderators. But you gotta remember, they all have their own lives with some actually being adults with college or some being teens dealing with work and school. Not to mention the forum isn't that active right now so the moderators (from what I've known), have everything under control.

I understand if the forum was crazy active right now and people were adding role-plays left and right with spammers but that's not a concern right now. Best to ignore the moderator subject because it's already been settled. 

I pretty much am the Artwork moderator, I prefer to spend most of my time in the Artwork section even if it's not completely obvious since I don't post as much there. Intel does a lot of Artwork browsing as well, so I guess you could say that we do actually have artwork moderators currently.

As global moderator I am able to approve/reject/edit Pokecreations as well as approve/reject shops and the like. Since I'm more of the artwork type I do that kind of thing with the artwork section and also peruse the rest of the forum to see if things are going well. I do have lots of work in college currently but the forum isn't all that busy right now as was stated so it's not too much of a problem I think.

May I ask specifically why you think we need specific moderators for the Artwork forum? Is there something that myself and Intel are doing incorrectly when it comes to said forum that you think needs more closely monitored?

I kind of agree with what you're trying to say Kinas10. One thing we do need is to pick a few people to become Artwork Moderators. They would have their own color on the forums, moderate the artwork forum and be able to moderate Pokecreations and Fusions. Because I've decided to heavily focus on the artwork / spriting aspect of Pokestadium, artwork moderators will have bigger responsibilities than what PC moderators have right now. It would only be fair if they receive their own forum group that has a special color as well.

As far as global moderators go, I see myself adding a few during the Christmas break. I've got 3 weeks of vacation during that time and can hopefully spend a good amount of it doing Pokestadium stuff. Unless I do a poor job, I believe we should see some growth on the main site and forums.

Some other roles we'll need:

• Members that help with "flagging" good posts. If they see a good post, they should be able to click a button and then the moderators and I can see that somewhere. Then we'll be able to hand whoever wrote the post coins, and feature that post somewhere.
  • Members who have proven themselves as good spriters / artists. These members nominate a handful of sprites every month (the nominations could just be based on top "likes" that they make). At the end of the month, these sprites are voted on by everyone and the top 5 or maybe 10 win an award.

I understand that picking trustworthy moderators isn't easy as everyone is busy with their lives. We're not a giant forum, but if you think about it, its nice that we have considerate members here, and we rarely see any offensive comments. Honestly, our moderators have done an amazing job maintaining the forums, especially considering how busy they are in real life.

I understand how hard it would be to find moderators that contribute their time to make this forum a better place, but I also understand why more moderators would be wanted or needed. Possibly, if Pokestadium grows in activity, more moderators may have to be added, but I don't really see much a chance of that happening. I'm glad Pokestadium is a quiet and considerate place where we can share our fan art, Pokecreations, and opinions in a peaceful manner. 

Everyone is right in a way, and I think Pokestadium is great the way it is. Both opinions are understandable, but then again, Pokestadium's small, but like us, it slowly gets bigger.